About Me

"I'm just a soul whose intentions are good. Oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood." ---The Animals, circa 1965

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Love the Hat! It's a Good Look For You.



Here's an Associated Press photo of Texas Governor Rick Perry talking to a group of Texas sheriffs on July 26. (Perry is the one without a cowboy hat.)



This photo reminds me of the Smothers Brothers' version of "The Streets of Laredo":

As I walked out in the streets of Laredo,
As I walked out in Laredo one day,
I spied a young cowboy all dressed in white linen,
All dressed in white linen as cold as the clay.

(Dick Smothers): I see by your outfit that you are a cowboy.
(Tom Smothers): I see by your outfit you are a cowboy, too.
(Both): We see by our outfits that we are both cowboys.
If you get an outfit, you can be a cowboy, too.

1 comment:

  1. It looks like they all went shopping together, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete